Sunday, August 28, 2016

The White Bird By John Berger (Response)


The White Bird By John Berger

I am not sure if I am understanding The White Bird. It's not 100%. I read it three times, and I still get a little confused. Two lines in particular caught my attention in the reading.The two lines made me realize a possible reason that are included in the many reasons of why I won two awards my senior year of High School. At the time I never understood why I won. Why me? So many applicants. Well, the two lines made everything make sense in my head. The two lines said, "Art does not imitate nature, it imitates a creation, sometimes to propose an alternative world, sometimes simply to amplify, to confirm, to make social the brief hope offered by nature."

Also, the following line, "Art is an organized response to what nature allows us to glimpse occasionally." When I read these lines, I thought to myself, "That's what I did!" My work is a response to not only literally nature, but a response to my own nature. A response to myself, of myself. I did understand more about my own work and what it means to me. This is my response to the lines quoted. The passage did touch on what we discussed in class last Tuesday about the inquiry of Art and Craft, which I was very interested and learned so much from.

No comments:

Post a Comment