Thursday, September 22, 2016

Wallpaper Project (With detail on why it is incomplete [and some things I pointed out to you guys about project])

Wallpaper
 Due Thursday, September 22

I want to apologize for uploading this so late into the night.
A current of events after class caused me to forget to do this... In-fact while I was working on the Motif project I remembered about this and got straight to it..

This is the wallpaper I brought to class today.
 Continue reading after each picture.

It is incomplete, and 75% analogue (when complete).
The quality of craft is not the best of my capability due to time.
I started the project after Kathleen's demonstration in class on tuesday. I have to admit I had no clue how to approach this project before that demonstration. After class I went to cvs later in the afternoon and got my pictures printed, and later that night designed my tile for the repeat of my wallpaper.
On Wednesday,  I continued working early in the morning until 12:55pm. I had an english course at 1pm and was extremely late.  I flew out of the house to make it in time without having lunch and without grabbing house keys...(poor time management acknowledged) My father leaves the house to pick up my brother and take him to soccer practice. He locks the door, locking me out. I had to wait for my mom to get home at around 6-6:30pm. This delayed me to Cut and paste my patterns into the wallpaper. I stayed up all night working.

The wallpaper is analogue because I physically cut and pasted one tile(the lighter tone yellow tile)
took a picture of the completed tile and printed 9 copies to complete the wallpaper by cutting and pasting each tile. What you see cost me $18 and truly did not have more money to spend. My moms income comes on friday and my dad is currently unemployed. I really could not afford it. Time was not on my side to go to walmart where it may have been a few dollars cheaper. at this point there is no difference.



     
        The Surface I am pasting on is actually poster paper that is  spray glued on card board. the dimensions are 24" (Vertically)x 20" (horizontally). Again, the application can be better.

In my perspective, this tile arrangement speaks more as a floor tile then a wallpaper. Because it is so stationary. The blue circles are tightening the space between my center square shape. Creating tension and not allowing your eye to move anywhere, making you feel like you're completely still. There is no sense of direction or movement. You are basically looking down and the patterns are vertical, horizontal, diagonal, but the ultimate feel is that you are still or securely standing still, looking down on what you're standing on (when you are looking at this on the wall).

The choice in pattern make it feel very NYC. The inner grid looks like a sewage drain in a downtown sidewalk, and the yellow curb crossing caution tile. Or the yellow strip on the metro station platforms. the blue pattern is actually a cup matte... like those little ikea cup pads.


One of the many Sketch ideas for my motif project inspired the choices for this tile(wallpaper assignment) I presented.

The picture below shows a more developed layout plan (pencil drawing).


This sketch is actually what I will be using to create the silhouette that is ultimately inspiring our Cardboard sculpture.
Before pasting on to the board, I drew a layout plan like this one and pasted over it.


..and below, the final product.


I am trying really Hard to meet criteria presented, and to successfully have everything by its due date.
I hope I can still receive partial credit due to it being incomplete for critique. Reasons why it is the way it is were presented carefully. I do highly respect and love every assignment because I am learning. Mr. Lambert said in class the other day about how he loves learning. Well that is how im aiming to approach life. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment